Beijing to Moscow
Beijing to Moscow
Travel across continents and time zones on one of the world’s greatest train journeys. Start in busy Beijing before heading to the untamed wilderness of Mongolia to meet its historically nomadic people. Leave Asia behind as we cross into Siberia for some traditional hospitality and stunning natural landscapes in Lake Baikal and then into Russia to arrive in majestic Moscow. This trip will open your eyes to the history, scenery and unique cultures that make up this fascinating region, so climb aboard for the ultimate Trans-Siberian experience.
Please see https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts for important updates about this trip
- Terelj National Park
- Terelj National Park – Buuz Cooking class
- Ulaanbaatar – Genghis Khan Monument
- Ulaanbaatar – City Tour including Zaisan Hill, Winter Palace & Gandan Monastery
- Lake Baikal – Banya (Russian sauna)
- Ulan Ude – Tarbagatay Old believers village
- Kungur – Family visit
- Kungur – Guided walking tour
- Experience this incredible rail adventure through China, Mongolia, and Russia – one of the world’s greatest, most epic journeys.
- Stay in the Mongolian wilderness in a ger camp and experience local life up-close.
- Immerse yourself in Mongolia’s rich cultural heritage, from the country’s original Buddhist temple to the city built by Genghis Khan
- Live life on the shores of magnificent Lake Baikal in a Siberian village
- Experience a traditional Russian banya – a refreshing steam, wash and birch branch ‘massage’
- Encounter fascinating sights over the 6000 kilometres from Beijing’s Tiananmen Square to Moscow’s iconic Red Square
- Check out our Beijing to St Petersburg trip ( search ‘CBSQC’ on our website) if you are interested in continuing this epic journey in Russia from Moscow to St. Petersburg.
Terelj National Park - Ger Camp
Perm - Overnight Train