Aloha 'oe i ko Hawai'i
The Hawaiian Islands
Hawaii is a long-time favorite destination for vacationers. Whether you're taking your family or looking for a getaway with your significant other, Hawaii has an amazing combination of natural beauty, jaw-dropping sunsets, endless activities and phenomenal local dining.
The package below is one of my most popular selections for couples looking for a honeymoon or anniversary getaway. As always, I can customize a package just for you!
- Arriving to Oahu - Depart from your home airport for Honolulu International Airport (HNL). Upon arrival, your private driver will be waiting for you at baggage claim to transport you to your hotel.
- Where to Stay: The Royal Hawaiian - An icon on Waikiki Beach, the resort is known as the Pink Palace of the Pacific. One of the original hotels on the island, the resort has long been the choice of celebrities and dignitaries around the world. Today it remains a luxurious resort to escape the hustle and bustle of Oahu. My favorite rooms are in the Historic Wing with the gorgeous carved teak doors. Don't forget to check out the bakery!
- What to do: After breakfast, meet your tour in the hotel lobby. Today you're off to visit historic World World II sites including Pearl Harbor and the Punch Bowl. You'll also get a tour of the city on your full day tour.
- Where to eat: After your tour, enjoy one of the many restaurants in Honolulu. Popular options include Duke's Hawaiian at the Outrigger or Michel's for beach-side dining.
- What to do: After breakfast, meet your tour in the hotel lobby. Today you're off to the other side of the island to visit Hanauma Bay, watch the ocean's fury at a natural blowhole, marvel at Diamondhead, watch surfers on the North Shore and stop at the Dole Plantation for fresh pineapple.
- Alternate Choice: Visit scenes from Jurassic Park! Visit Kualoa Ranch to see scenes from the movie, tour and see the working ranch. Horseback and ATV options available too.
- Where to eat: This evening set out on a Sunset Cocktail Cruise before enjoying dinner at another Waikiki restaurant such as Roy's or Morimoto's.
- Where to eat: Fans of the Food Network will want to check out M.A.C. 24/7 at the Hilton to experience their jumbo pancakes.
- Island hop to Maui - Your private driver will meet you at The Royal Hawaiian to take you back to the airport to catch your island hopper flight from to Maui (OGG). Upon arrival, pick up your rental car and get ready to explore this amazing island! A convertible is the most popular choice to soak in the sun and amazing scenery as you drive around.
- Where to stay: Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort. Perfect for couples and families alike, this amazing resort offers multiple swimming pools, luxurious accommodations, fantastic dining and amazing views of beautiful Wailea Beach. The upscale area of Wailea offers even more dining and shopping options.
- Where to eat: Tonight's dinner will be at your resort under at HUMUHUMU. This popular spot serves up local cuisine and seafood including Hawaii's state fish, the humuhumunukunukuapua'a, for which the restaurant is named.
- What to do: After starting your morning with yoga on the beach, meet at the Concierge for the resort's Botanical Tour to learn about the native plants and flowers around the property. Afterwards, grab a mai tai and relax in your cabana.
- Where to eat: Tonight head over to Lahaina for the Old Lahaina Luau. No vacation to Hawaii is complete without an authentic Hawaiian luau! You'll get to watch the unearthing of the luau pig and enjoy Polynesian cultural dance performances while feasting an authentic Hawaiian buffet dinner. After the luau, stroll the shops in Lahaina for souvenirs.
- What to do: Hop in your rented convertible and set off to drive The Road to Hana. Known for hairpin turns and one-lane bridges, the journey is truly the destination as you drive one of the most beautiful roads in the US. There are several scenic overlooks and plenty of hidden paths to discover breathtaking waterfalls and views of the ocean cliffs. Be sure to stop for fresh banana bread and a drink from a coconut!
- Where to eat: After a day of exploring, you might opt for room service and have your dinner on your balcony overlooking the ocean or head over to The Shops at Wailea for some shopping and dinner. Some of my favorites there are Cheeseburger Island Style for a casual option, Tommy Bahama for indoor or outdoor casual dining and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for elegant dining.
- What to do: This morning you'll be up before the sun to head up to the summit of Haleakala with your tour. Rising over 10,000 feet, you'll be above the clouds to watch the sun rise over Hawaii. After viewing the volcanic crater you can either bike back down the volcano or opt for a tour that stops at some of the island's unique culinary establishments such as Surfing Goat Dairy for fresh goat cheese and Ocean Vodka to sample their organic vodka.
- Where to eat: After relaxing this afternoon, head to Mama's Fish House, one of the most popular restaurants on the island. After enjoying a fresh seafood dinner, stroll the eclectic shops and bars in Paia.
- Where to brunch: A short stroll along the waterfront will take you to the Four Seasons Maui next door. Their brunch buffet is legendary!
- What to do: Today you will set sail on a snorkeling trip to the Molokini crater and Turtle Town to swim with sea turtles. It really is as amazing as it sounds!
- Where to eat: Tonight select from one of the many restaurants in Lahaina or the Ka'anapali resort area such as Roy's or Leilani's on the Beach.
- What to do: For your last day on the island you can visit the spa, play some golf at award-winning courses or just relax at your resort soaking up the Hawaiian sun. You might hop in your convertible one last time and check out the Nakalele Point Blowhole, find the secluded black sand beach or check out the Maui Ocean Center. Depending on the time of year you may be able to go whale watching!
- Where to eat: Make your last dinner on Maui a memorable one. Enjoy a gorgeous sunset and phenomenal dining at Spago in the Four Seasons Maui. Be sure to book for sunset and ask for the patio!
- Departing for home - After returning your rental car at Maui Airport bid Maui and the Hawaiian Islands "Aloha" as you depart for home.
© 2020 Shore to Sea Vacations, LLC.